Hi!! Guess what? I GRADUATED!! Woohoo! And since I graduated, I've been extremely busy doing grad-related stuff (aka partying) and haven't been able to find time to blog. I know, I'm sorry for being a total loser. But I have time now, and I'm going to talk about Seattle and show ya some pictures. Hooray!
We spent last Friday night in Tacoma and stayed at the Emerald Queen Casino. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you ever decide to stay there, keep in mind that the hotel is NOT connected to the casino. It's two miles away, and they don't mention that because they know they would lose customers. The website states only one location, but don't be fooled. If you plan on gambling and drinking until early in the morning, you need to take the shuttle. Roulette was good to me that night :)


The next morning we drove to Seattle to catch the Mariners vs. Angels game at Safeco Field. Here are some pics.




It was a BEAUTIFUL day! However, the game was horrible. Our relief pitchers lost the game for us. 11-2 was the final score, and I will forever hold a grudge against Shawn White and Shawn Kelley. ALSO, I bought Jake these first baseline tickets because Ken Griffey Jr. was Jake's childhood hero. Jake's been to a Seattle game before, but complained that he never got to see him up close. He was SO excited to see his hero, but THREE DAYS before the day he would finally see Griffey, he retired and moved back home to Orlando! Can you believe it?! Uggghhh figures. Just my luck. We still had a blast, no matter how ugly the game was. We'll go to another one at some point. Probably not this season though. This season has been pretty disappointing.

After the game we relaxed for a bit at our hotel, and then we went to Pike Place and checked out the very first Starbucks store (1912).
We ordered iced caramel macchiatos. They were yummy. I also bought a mug and a bag of their special reserve coffee, which you can only get at this particular store.

Afterwards, we went out to eat at Hooters. I've never been to a Hooters before. They have amazing fried pickles. If that doesn't sound good to you, I dare you to try them. Delicious! Here's a sign we sat next to in the restaurant.
It doesn't show well in the pic, but the "bumps" have nipples.

Our last stop was the Space Needle. I love heights, so it felt amazing to be up there, especially at night. 
I love this picture :)

I love Seattle. I will definitely be back. Next time I want to check out the art museum and the music hall of fame.


Have you been on a trip recently? Where to? Are you planning a fun trip? It's almost summer, you know ;)

0 Responses

Post a Comment