Okay, so I'm like 98.76% sure that I just nailed my dream job before graduation. I really don't want to jinx myself, and I'm trying so hard to stay calm and not get my hopes up again, but yeah, I'm pretty sure I got it! I had my interview today, and my interviewer talked about the job while using "You will ____ ... you will get trained to ____ ... you will learn to ____ .... you will get paid ____ ..." You get the idea. Saying "will" instead of "would" is a huge difference. She loved that I'm very flexible with hours, and she wrote down which days I'm available before graduation (Fridays and weekends), and asked me what days I would need off in the next 90 days. She also let me observe the staff, and I met a lot of really nice people and a very adorable group of kids. I'd be surprised if I don't get hired.

You may be wondering what job I'm talking about. I decided not to write about it until now because I didn't want to get my hopes up before I became absolutely confident. I would be on the treatment team at Jasper Mountain Center. It's a living center and a school for children who aren't able to adequately function in their families. Many of them have been abused, neglected, abandoned, unadopted, have severe behavioral issues and are hostile or violent, etc. Jasper Mountain is basically these children's last chance. If they don't make it there, then they are sent off to institutions. Fortunately, Japser Mountain has a high success rate. Jasper Mountain lies on 90 acres and has llamas, horses, gymnasiums, greenhouses, a river, hiking trails, sand pits, basketball courts, and a lot of other cool stuff. It's a beautiful place and I fell in love with it the second I parked my car.
The kids live in what they call the Castle, and the call it that for a reason. It's huge, and it lies on the top of a steep hill next to the main office and the school. It has an AMAZING mountainous view that is to die for.


I will need 2 days of training before working there, and that is what I'm waiting for... a call for training, which I'm hoping is on a weekend or else I would have to miss school. This job is exactly what I want to be doing with my life. Helping people (especially kids) and making a positive difference in their lives is what I truly believe is the most rewarding occupation in the world. Back in high school I was determined to be rich and get a job with a tremondously high salary. But as I went through college and took classes involving children and familes, and not to mention countless many classes involving inequality and poor treatment of innocent human beings, I realized that helping people is what I'm meant to be doing. This is what will make me happy, and no amount of money in the world would give me as much satisfaction as making a difference in a child's life. Many of these kids have never been loved and cared for. Many of them have never felt secure. I want nothing more than to show these kids that they are cared for and worthy of love and respect. 
I've been so lost in trying to figure out what I'm going to do post-graduation, and worried sick that I wouldn't find anything. I've been torturing myself with this stress and confusion.


I finally found the answer, and it feels so meant to be.
3 Responses
  1. i'm no miss Says:

    Aw, good for you, that you found something noble and fits exactly your passion!

    Congrats in advance! Cheers!


  2. Brandy Says:

    Awwww thank you thank you! :)


  3. Kara Says:

    That is so incredible that you've found something you're so passionate about! I really hope that job is yours. It will give you such an opportunity to change children's lives!


Post a Comment