I'm not usually one to read for fun. I already have too much reading for school. But there is one author that I just can't get enough of during school breaks. Nora Roberts. For those of you who have never heard of her (which is impossible unless you've never picked up a romance novel before, or any novel for that matter) she is a fictional genius. She is known primarily as a romance novelist, but she is so much more than that. Her books involve romance as well as mystery, suspense, sex, fantasy, magic, action, and total awesomness. 

My mom turned me on to her a long time ago. She gave me her book titled Midnight Bayou, and I LOVED it because I was just expecting a mushy romance novel, but instead I got a suspense/mystery/action novel with a side of romance. Next I read her Key trilogy. AMAZING! 

 




If you have never read a book by her, I demand that you do. I turned a couple of my friends on to her, and they love her too. I recommend reading her Sign of Seven trilogy, and her Circle trilogy (both pictured on the left). Those are my favorites.. so far. She makes characters that you end up caring about, and you almost cry when the trilogies end. I actually did cry. After both trilogies. I didn't want them to end! That's how amazing Nora's writings are.

 






I am currently reading Bed of Roses, which the second book of her Bride Quartet. There isn't any mystery or action, but there is fun, friendship, and romance with characters that you love and relate to.



 


Do you love Nora Roberts as much as I do? If so, what are your favorite books by her? If not, who is your favorite author?
4 Responses
  1. tara Says:

    I have never read her books but I am always looking for new book suggestions!

    Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm going to follow yours! :)


  2. Xo Says:

    I have heard by so many people to read her books! This confirms it, I've gotta go buy one :) Cute blog!


  3. Brandy Says:

    Thanks guys! And yes, read her! You won't be disappointed :)


  4. I fell in LOVE with the Blood brothers trilogy! I think I am going to read it again this summer. Haven't read any others, but am looking to! ;)


Post a Comment