On any other day I would still be sleeping for another 3 or so hours, but I had a very interesting - and very disgusting - wake up call this morning.. Ladies and gentlemen, I got my very first bloody nose. Ewwwww I know. I fucking FREAKED OUT. I have this nasty cold, so I assumed that my nose was just a little runny.. until I sat up and saw blood on my pillow, and then the blood became a river coming out of my nose. I ran to the bathroom to frantically pull out some toilet paper to plug my nose, and then I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked like I lost a fist fight. It was sick. Since I've never had a bloody nose before, I had to google How to Stop a Nose Bleed. I guess you need to pinch your nose (just under the bridge) with your thumb and index finger, and DON'T release pressure for at least 5-10 minutes. After I was cured, I WebMD'ed myself to make sure I wasn't dying, and fortunately I'm not. I guess nose bleeds are pretty common with colds/sinus infections, especially if you have been taking a blood thinner. I've been taking Ibuprofen for my horrible sore throat. My throat has been so painful for 4 days now, and not getting better. I've been taking Zicam (my mother swears by it) but it apparently isn't working. It's not really medicine though, just a dissolvable tablet packed with vitamins and minerals proved to significantly reduce the amount of time that you're sick. Whatever. I'm going to the store and buying Dayquil and Nyquil. 

So for those of you who never had a bloody nose as a kid, don't worry, you'll get yours soon enough. And when you do, don't worry, you aren't dying. Just follow the instructions above. 

I should be a doctor.
0 Responses

Post a Comment