<---- This is how I feel today.
On Friday, I finally stumbled upon an internship opportunity that I'm totally qualified for. And not just that, it was PERFECT for me. A social work internship at a mental health clinic. I want a job that allows me to directly help people, and I'm also taking a Sociology of Mental Health class for Spring Term (which started today, but I'll get into that later). It felt so meant to be! I typed up a kick ass cover letter, and emailed it with my resume. There was finally hope for me, and I had felt so lost and hopeless this past month when I couldn't find anything available. Let's just say, it was an awesome start to my weekend.
I couldn't wait to check my email this morning because I knew I would hear back today. Unfortunately the Spring Term slots were already filled up :( :( :( It's because I procrastinated so damn long! I'm totally beating myself up because of this (not literally!). I feel that the internship was mine. I was totally qualified, and I know that they would hire me if I applied sooner. I'm not trying to be cocky, but realistically, I would have had that internship in the bag: I've been on the Dean's list for the past 4 terms (with straight A's for the last 3 terms), I'm in two honor societies, and I'm also taking a mental health class! UGGGGHHH. Whatever. I guess I deserve it. Now I need to start all over and pray I find something. I'm back to feeling kinda hopeless. Mostly just bummed out beyond belief. I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I totally did. I guess it really wasn't meant to be.
But I had a GREAT weekend. My severely sore throat greatly improved (and is 97% better now), and Jake and I took a trip to Florence to hang at the beach and gamble at Three Rivers Casino. Jake won 50 bucks, while I broke even, and since I didn't lose anything I believe I came out a winner :)
The beach was BEAUTIFUL. Here is a pic of Jake and I at our favorite spot: Heceta Head Lighthouse.
We like to climb the cliff, and sit down while watching the waves crash on the rocks (as you can see from the reflection off of my aviators).
One of my favorite beaches ever. I love the Oregon Coast :)
Have you ever been seriously bummed out with an internship/job opportunity that you didn't get?
Where are your favorite places to be?









I was looking for a job this past summer and I would have been perfect for this job, but I never heard back from them. In the meantime though, I got a job at Pizza Hut and now I waitress. All is good in the world, until May when I graduate and have to be let down yet again with "real job" disappointments.
aww.. that sucks that you didnt get the internship! i'm sure you'll find something better! be patient! after ALOT of job searching and just when i was sure i would never find one, i ended up with the perfect one!
Yeah it took almost all day, but I realized that it just wasn't meant to be, and now I'm okay with it. I'll find something eventually.